Requirements for interns
- Male or female with age between 18 and 29;
- Enrolled and pursuing studies on a post secondary institution, or university level in agriculture or;
- Graduated in such institution or university no more than 12 months at the beginning of the internship;
- Have practical experience on a farming or cattle farm (if you don´t have any, we strongly recommend you to work a farm in your home country at least 3 month);
- Basic conversational English knowledge.
IFAA will purchase in behalf of the participant a medical insurance at low cost. In the event of an accident or illness, IFAA staff will make sure that host farmers are providing the necessary care and assistance to interns and we will assist interns to make claims to the medical insurance.
IFAA staff will meet interns and spend four days with them during the orientation. The interns will also be invited to participate into two seminars with lectures from professors and specialists in agriculture.
When completing the program, IFAA will award interns a Certificate of Completion during a formal ceremony.